On Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 the Romanian Academic Society launched the third edition of the Coalition for Clean Universities during a public conference. Through this project, SAR and its partners will evaluate and monitor integrity and good governance in public universities, we will seek solutions to identified problems, and we will publicly expose irregularities found.
The conference was held at the Faculty of Psychology and Science of Education, University of Bucharest, with the help of the Faculty of Psychology and Science of Education Student Association, the Faculty of Psychology and Science of Education, and the University of Bucharest. The event rallied students, professors, activists, and journalists.
This event was organized as part of the “University Change through Student Engagement and Exchange” project, co-financed by a Swiss grant through the Partnership Block Grant, implemented by the Romanian Academic Society (RAS), along with the National Alliance of Student Organizations in Romania (NASOR) and the Student Federation in Switzerland (VSS-UNES-USU).
The organizations that are members of the Coalition for Clean Universities (on May 21st, 2015) are:
• The Romanian Academic Society (RAS)
• The National Alliance of Student Organizations in Romania (NASOR)
• The “Alma Mater” National Labor Union Federation
• The League of Romanian Students Abroad (LRSA)
• The Center for Educational Policy (CEP)
• The Group for Reform and University Alternative (GRUA)
• The Center for the Study of Democracy
• The CAESAR Foundation
• The Euro-regional Center for Democracy (ECD)
• The Center for Independent Journalism (CIJ)
• The Center for Research in Applied Ethics
Find more information about the event here.