The scope of this project was to contribute to the development of transparency in public procurement, by monitoring 300 public institutions. A series of petitions to disclose information regarding public procurement and relevant files was sent to these institutions, in accordance with Law 544/2001. Following the results, a set of public policies was proposed and discussed by stakeholders in interviews and later on in a conference. The effects of the monitoring activity and propositions were included in report sent out to at least 800 persons.
A number of strategic litigations were initiated in order to create a favorable jurisprudence:
- The National Agency for Mineral Resources signed a contract with SNP Petrom taken over by OMV for exploitation in the Black Sea’s continental platform
- AVAS signed a privatization contract with Ford
- Metrorex: contract for advertising space
- Eximbank: advertising and promoting services
1st District Municipality – contract with Romprest
- Constanta Municipality – eight contracts with press and advertising agencies, security companies and public domain maintainance
The project thus contributed to enhancing transparency in public procurement and a better access to public information.
Financed by PHARE